Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Museum Fail

Sorry to say this but I wasn't at all impressed with an educational tool called Museum Box. It is essentially a cube that you can place text, graphics and video around the sides. I guess I understand the concept but it didn't seem all that cool to me.

After seeing the demonstration done by a classmate I left feeling unimpressed and that bothered me. (Not at all the fault of the student.) I thought maybe I hadn't been able to get the full gist of the program in the 5 minute demonstration. So I went home and a few days later I checked it out on my own. I went through many of the examples on the site and even watched a video demo. I found that all the boxes they had on the site were incredibly dull and uninformative. Anyway, all in all I don't really see this as something that I would use in my classroom.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the honesty. After looking at it again, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to see that you put up the negatives of things. It's very helpful to me when I see not only the positive but the negative too. Thankss :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I like reading both negative and positive discoveries!

    ReplyDelete